Wednesday 8 January 2014

Nap Time Crafting

Note: I had to save this post until after Christmas (otherwise it would have spoiled my Christmas exchange present).

I have started to do some crafting during Troy's nap time.  I don't always get to finish the projects (or complete them in a way I had imagined) but I am enjoying the process...and the creative time!  I was inspired by some wood burning projects I had seen and decided to give it a try.  It was surprisingly fun (and I only burnt myself once).  I started with the snowflake ornaments (or gift tags) and then decided to "embellish" my family gift exchange present.  Here are the final products:

Snowflake Ornaments and/or  Gift Tags
True to snowflake form...no two are alike :)
"Embellished" chopping board and utensils 
Next time I would choose "less knotty" wood
Utensil set
Handle detail

No comments:

Post a Comment