Tuesday 9 April 2013

Shoes

As I have mentioned before, Troy does not "do shoes".  He barely tolerates socks.  This can be tricky when the weather isn't exactly barefoot warm...yet!  I have to let the people that stare at his bare feet, on our walks or out shopping, that he did leave the house in socks!!

When Gramma Annie was visiting, we tried on a few different pairs of shoes to determine if we could get any ON...and then, if we could KEEP any of them on.  We found that the Robeez brand seemed to do the trick.  However, they only had very babyish (ie: TACKY) styles in the store.  So, I took a cue from Auntie C and went online!  I found a very cute pair...and they velcro right open (phew).

A very handsome delivery man showed up this morning to deliver them.  I was right in the middle of making sweet potato pancakes (very delish, by the way), steaming apples for applesauce and not AT ALL ready to greet anyone at the door.  So, when I opened the door (with hair standing on end and in pajamas) he apologized for waking me up!!  I think he felt even worse when I told him I had been up for HOURS!

Oh well...the only man I'm trying to impress these days is the one that fits these shoes... :)

Slammin' Sam Robeez

Hey...what are these things on my feet?
Hmmm...can't seem to kick them off??
Hey...I think I can handle these ones Mommy!
You've come a long way, baby!!


No comments:

Post a Comment