Tuesday 11 December 2012

Happy 1/2 Birthday!

Today is Troy's 1/2 Birthday...he is six months old.  He weighs 8.25 kg (18.2 lbs) and he is 72.5 cm tall (2' 4").   He has been enjoying solid food for two months now.  His current favorites are sweet potato and banana (not together, of course!)  He holds his head up really well, and can sit up (supported).  He continues to roll over, but no crawling (yet!).  He babbles a lot.  There have been a few "mama's" (completely out of context)...however, it makes mommy's heart melt.

To celebrate Troy's 1/2 birthday, I made half-a-birthday-cake.  I realized a few things in the process:
1.  I have six more months to improve my cake decorating skills (and tools!)
2.  One should not decorate a cake at the same time one is preparing supper, feeding one's baby and turning the kitchen upside-down to find cake decorating tools (that probably haven't been used since several moves ago!)
3.  Be thankful that Troy is not old enough to criticize his cake
4.  Watching Troy admire his cake like it is the best thing in the whole world (for that second!) makes it all worthwhile.

Happy 1/2 Birthday Troy...Mommy and Daddy can't wait to celebrate many more (but we'll probably just go with the whole years, and not the halves...just guessing)

I was going for the child'ish writing...really, I was
wow...there's fire on my cake
Mommy you just blew out my candle 
Six months happy
When do we get to dig into this cake, dad?
wearing whipped cream
Let's get this party started!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment